INTERNATIONAL GATEWAY KELOWNA
Towne Centre Mall
#101-565 Bernard Ave., Kelowna, BC.
Canada V1Y 8R4
1. Kelowna's weather is mainly sunny and mild with average temperatures of 31C in August, 17C in October, 2C in January and 20C in April. Canada's only desert is located in the Okanagan Valley.
2. According to Statistics Canada, 93% of Kelowna residents speak English as their first language, compared with less than 50% in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. In this total immersion and ‘real’ Canadian environment students’ English ability improves much faster than it does in larger cities where it is easier to use their own language.
3. Local people are very friendly, open and easy to converse with.
4. Surrounded by Nature, Kelowna is a very safe city with a strong community spirit and an easygoing lifestyle.
5. Entertainment, transportation and living costs are 10-50% lower in Kelowna than in many other Canadian cities so students can save money while living and studying here. For example, a monthly transit pass is $48-$60 in Kelowna and $81-$151 in Vancouver.
6. Kelowna is easily accessible by air through the gateway cities of Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Seattle and Los Angeles.
7. IGK offers small class sizes (average 6), fast paced, dynamic lessons and personalized attention.
8. IGK home stays are closely monitored and frequently inspected so students are guaranteed high quality accommodation during their stay.
9. IGK organizes a variety of evening and weekend activities and learning adventures.
10. The warm, caring and professional IGK staff treat students like family so they don't want to leave!